Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project 001: Black and White Scarf

Finally, my first project is complete! :D


The Inspiration:
Fluffy and polka dots...


and heart shaped with sparkly bows! <3


These are some totally ridiculous earmuffs that my lovely mother-in-law got me for Christmas. Heart shaped and they have sparkly bows on them!


But, oh noes! I have no scarf to go with them. Good thing I can knit!


The Pattern: Drop Stich Drama Scarf


New Techniques Learned:
  • Drop/Elongated Stitch
  • Knitting with multiple strands
The Results:
The full scarf, stretched out on my couch




Close up of the stitch work
This was FUN to do. It took me at LEAST twice as long to complete as the estimate on the pattern, but then again, I'm easily distracted by the TV, facebook, words with friends, deviantart, looking at other patterns on ravelry, and pretty much anything else shiny, colorful, or furry that passes in front of my face. Also, I'm not a fast knitter. I'm definitely getting better the more I do it though!


I'm very excited to wear this set to work tomorrow, just to see what my coworkers say. As a group of (mostly) older ladies, it's always interesting to get their opinions on my knitting and jewelry escapades. :p


So, with one project behind me, it's time to move to the next one on the list. I think it's gonna be another knitting project. :D Then there will be an art project. And then a wreath project. If I'm not too lazy, I may pull photos off my phone and camera of some of the projects I did last year, just for kics.

No comments:

Post a Comment