Friday, August 10, 2012

Project 008: Braids and Chains

I love bracelets.

The only type of jewelry that I have more of are earrings. I've actually slowed down on making earrings, because I've already got way too many.

Friendship style bracelets have been super popular this year, which is great, since I've got a huge  bag of embroidery floss left from when I was in high school and my friends and I made TONS of braided friendship bracelets.

I also discovered Pinterest, which enabled me to find a few hundred bracelet styles to try.

Here's the first.

Inspiration/Pattern: Woven Chain Bracelet

New Techniques Learned:

  • Braiding on chains
The results:
Bright and sunny! 
I'm really into orange and yellow right now...

Still love green and purple though!

This one's a little small, however. I might need to add another link or two on the bar end of the toggle.
These are stupidly fun to make. Both of these were made with up-cycled chains. I'm really having trouble finding nice chains to make more of these. It might be time for another around of thrift shop hunting. I really want to make one with green and pink floss and then put watermelon charms on the other side... a future project, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment