Thursday, August 16, 2012

Project 009: Wind

Have I mentioned how MUCH I love bracelets?

They're easy to wear. A good one will go with so many outfits. Crazy bracelets never seem to go out of style.

Have I mentioned how much I love chain maille?

Inspiration: Bastardized Byzantine Bias

New Technique Learned:

  • Bastardized Byzantine Bias weave
The results:
Wind

When I first started making chain maille jewelry back in college, I made myself a red, orange, and silver cuff using a Japanese variation weave, which I called fire. My thought then was to do a set of elemental inspired bracelets. A few years later, I did another bracelet in two tones of blue and green in aura weave, which I called water.

This is wind, in yellow and blue, with silver accents, in a byzantine variation. I wish the AR was a little tighter on this; the silver rings don't hold the weave well unless stretched.

Like this.

Oh well. Either way, I'm pretty happy with it. It's lovely and shiny.

Shiny is good.
I haven't made earth yet. I'm still trying to decide on a good weave. I want something that feels heavy and chunky. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment