Sunday, December 15, 2013

Project 021: Beaded Ornaments

More Christmas goodness. Some of these are several years old, but they're still lovely.

A few years ago, we did an ornament exchange as part of my at work Christmas party. Being a crafty person, I didn't want to just buy something and hand it out. I wanted to make something. So I nosed about a bit on the internet and found instructions on how to make a beaded net for a spherical ornament.

And I was hooked. I've made a ton of these now. I did a set of 6 shatterproof ones for my mom for a Christmas gift in 2009. Jake's mom has a bright pink and silver one. Many of my friends have them as well. I even got around to making one for myself at some point.


Two of my more recent ones (from 2012)

Same as the last two, just different lighting

Same as one of the above, while waiting for the "glue" to dry over the connecting knots (it's really clear nail polish)

In progress

And finished. 
This one has a slightly different pattern, so the mesh is denser.

Maybe I'll do a tutorial for these before next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment