Sunday, December 22, 2013

Project 022: Mom's Basketweave Blanket

From 2012.

I decided to make my mom a blanket for Christmas. Very ambitious, considering I decided at the end of September to do this.

My Pattern: Striped Basketweabe Afghan
The Yarn I Used: Lion Brand Homespun in "Ocean"

This was wildly frustrating. It was the first blanket I ever made, which was part of it. Another part was my short time frame to work on it. I felt that another month would've made my life a bit less stressful.

Either way, it was lovely when it was done. My mom loved it (it lives in her living room now).



It covers my entire love seat. Everytime helped.

A close up of the stitches. It doesn't really look like much, in my opinion, but you can tell that I used big needles

And a fringe!

No comments:

Post a Comment